Claudia Vergara, MD
Arthritis & Rheumatic Disease Management
“I have always envisioned myself as being a part of a practice where the patient comes first. For me it is important to listen to patient’s concerns and ensure they have a good understanding of their disease and treatment plan. My goal is to develop a strong doctor-patient relationship which I believe is critical to help my patients achieve optimal health and healing. I also believe that the best way to take care of patients is through teamwork, and I am very happy to be a part of great team of physicians and health professionals that have committed to working together to improve our patient’s health.”
Dr. Vergara is a Board Certified Rheumatologist who is experienced in treating the entire spectrum of Arthritis and Rheumatic diseases including Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis Ankylosing Spondylitis,and Gout as well as Lupus and related Connective Tissue Diseases. She also has a special interest in the use of musculoskeletal ultrasound as an aid in diagnosis, arthritis monitoring and guidance of joint injection and aspiration procedures.
In addition to her position at GCSP, Dr. Vergara also serves as clinical faculty at the West Side Chicago Veterans Hospital as a clinical Rheumatologist physician for veterans and a clinical educator of medical students, Internal Medicine Residents, and Rheumatology Fellows.
Dr. Vergara lives in the downtown Chicago area with her husband and son. She is an avid sports fan, especially of the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Washington University in St. Louis, St Louis, MO 2000 – 2002
- BS in Biology Univ. of PR, Rio Piedras, PR 2002 – 2004
- MD Univ. of PR School of Medicine, San Juan, PR 2004-2008
- Transitional Year, Damas Hospital, Ponce , PR 2008 – 2009
- Internal Medicine, Univ. of Illinois at Chicago, 2009 – 2012
- Rheumatology, Univ. of Illinois at Chicago, 2012 – 2014
- Rheumatology Board Certification
- Internal Medicine Certification